Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sandcastles in the Sand...

Well...there aren't actually any sandcastles here, but I can't help making that HIMYM (How I Met your Mother) reference whenever I think about Pretty & Polished's Sand Art.

In case you don't know Sandcastles in the Sand or just happen to love Robin Sparkles like me, enjoy the music video!



I layered two thick coats of Sand Art over one coat of Sally Hansen's Instra-Dri in Lightening. I wish I had used a more vibrant yellow, but Lightening is the only yellow I own.

Nonetheless, I love this combo and Sand Art was a dream to apply.





Sand Art is comprised of tiny matte glitter in purple, yellow, blue, green and pink.

This is my first matte glitter polish, so I was a bit worried about the amount of top coat that was going to be needed to make it nice and smooth; I've heard they are top coat eaters, but I used one layer of Out the Door and my nails weren't gritty at all.

Pretty & Polished nail polishes are sold on Etsy and Llarowe.

5 comments:

  1. OMG! It's Robin Sparkles!! I love Lets Go To The Mall!! Haha I'm laughing at the connection you made with Sand Art and Sand Castles in The Sand! Super cute polish :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm horrible, I'm constantly making HIMYM references.

      Delete
  2. Love this. It's very summery. And love robin sparkles too! xD

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, but remember to be considerate and constructive, not rude.

Thank you!