Hello All! I hope you all had an excellent weekend. Mine was brightened by the fact that I was tagged with a Liebster Award by a fun new nail blogger Mimi from Sassy Paints.
In case you are wondering, a Liebster Award is given to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers, a spread-the -love and get-to-know you campaign. I feel grateful and can't wait to spread some love to some of my fellow newbs.
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.
11 Things About Me
1. I am a Leo. This fact is made cooler by the fact that my name Arielle means Lion of God.
2. My nickname is Kitten or Kit, weirdly enough not because of the above facts.
3. I have one tattoo and 7 or 11 piercings depending on how you count ear piercings.
4. I studied Anthropology and Psychology in College, I like to ask questions.
5. I find rereading books the most comforting thing and will read any and all Tamora Pierce books when I'm feeling slightly sad even though I originally read them in elementary school.
6. I am a bagel snob, but it's not my fault! I'm from Jersey and it's in my blood, my great great grandfather was a bagel maker lol
7. I would like to live in a zoo - not in a real zoo, but I'd like to have a million and one animals in my house. Specifically I would like lots of cats, a boxer, a bulldog, a french bulldog, a snake, and a hedgehog.
8. My favorite summertime drink is a dirty chai with soy.
9. I was a vegetarian for 5 years before I quit because I missed eating meat too much.
10. I studied abroad for a semester in Madrid. While I was abroad, I visited Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Greece and Morocco. Morocco was my favorite.
11. I have one older sister who I love dearly! The only reason she sucks is because she moved across the country.
My 11 Questions from Mimi:
1. What is your favorite book?
I always hate this question because I can never pick one book, can I do authors instead? Tamora Pierce, Neil Gaiman, Charles De Lint. This is still hard, it's totally based on my mood. I'm a big fantasy reader.
2. Aside from polish, what is your obsession?
Making animal noises, mostly cat sounds.
3. What is the one nail technique you haven't been able to master or try yet that you would like to?
Water marbling terrifies me because my attention span is soo not long enough to handle it, but I really would like to try it.
4. What is the biggest challenge you have had starting a new blog?
Making sure I make the time to work on my blog, isn't that everyone's? oo oo also trying not to be too rambly in my posts, which I fail at.
5. If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Ruth Benedict because she was an excellent anthropologist and one of the first females in the field. I imagine she has has many funny and interesting stories about the various cultures she studied.
6. What is your all time favorite movie?
Newsies for sentimental reasons and because it's just hilarious and has young christian bale.
7. If you could visit any place in the world where would you go?
I should pick someplace new, but I would love to go back to Morocco. The people were kind and gracious and I love the architecture and food.
8. What is a helpful tip you may have for other new lacquer bloggers?
Hmm I could still use some helpful tips, but let yourself shine through in your posts. Blog entry's are best when they are informative and have personality.
9. What's your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving!! I don't get to see family often enough and this is one time where I'm guaranteed to see a lot of them plus fall is awesome!
10. What is your go to polish?
I don't really have one, but my comfort polish is Orly's Fowl Play.
11. What are 3 things you love about yourself?
My curiosity, my sassyness :) and my love and loyalty to loved ones.
My 11 Questions:
1. What started your nail polish obsession?
2. What is the manicure you are most proud of and post a picture of it, please.
3. What mythical creature do you most identify with, and why?
4. What did you want to be when you were kid?
5. If you had to give up one of the five senses, which one would you give up and why?
6. What song would you choose to sing at Karaoke?
7. If you could jump into a movie or book, where would you go?
8. What is your super power?
9. What tattoo do you have or wish you could get?
10. What is your favorite tongue twister?
11.What supposedly cute thing do you find really creepy?
My 11 tagged:
Bonus pic (warning: feet):
A couple of friends, my boy and I got pedicures on Sunday. We convinced the boy to get colors on his toes and I just had to take a picture.
I have on OPI Dutch Just Love OPI and he has on Essie Fair Game.
Thanks for reading! There's some chocolate love heading this way, anyone want to guess what polish I had on?